- Separate the bananas from the bunch: they will last longer
- Do not put the bananas near other fruits: being near these they ripen quickly
- Unwrap bananas from plastic: this will eliminate ethylene gas which causes them to ripen
- Store in the fridge only when ripe not before: refrigeration slows down the ripening process
- Freeze ripe bananas: they can be used in smoothies or as a snack without losing their nutritional value
Something refreshing to drink? I suggest you a new version based on ginger, an ethnic spice from India. In the kitchen is used for its spicy flavor and for its digestive properties.
1/2 l. pineapple juice, 1 l. water, 3 tablespoons sugar, 120g. fresh ginger root.
Wash the ginger root and grate it in a small bowl. Put the grated ginger in a colander and press it with a pestle until the juice comes out. You will need 3 tablespoons of juice. Pour into a jar the ginger juice, the pineapple juice, water and sugar. Mix well and serve in nice tall glass with a straw.
Here there are the last 4 points of the 10 Reasons to Cook with Children:
7. Tradition. The food has an important role in the culture of the family. The sense of belonging of the culinary traditions comes from the repetition of gestures and family recipes. From childhood to adulthood.
8. Independence. Cooking is a useful tool in the 'art of living'. Regularly involving children in the kitchen is a great step towards the development of their future independence.
9. Communication. Cooking together with mom and dad is a good way to maintain an open dialogue and an intimate moment of open communication. In front of the stove you can speak with an open heart. Especially useful when the child will become a teener
10. …well, it’s FUN!! and about this I have nothing to add.
Who am I
I was born in a beautiful land in Africa. I live in Italy and here I brought a taste for good food and rich flavours. As a little child I used to ask my mom to help her and together we think the menus of the week. I really love to cook and I'm always curious to try new tastes and new recipes. Every time I look at the chefs on television, I too want to imagine being a famous chef. Here you find my recipes published in the monthly Italian magazine q.b.quantobasta FVG.